Emerging From Beneath This Here Rock

Holy hell, it’s been a while. Apologies! Work travel has kicked me in the ass, but I’m still around.

Currently reading: Patrick Rothfuss’ The Name of the Wind.  Review to follow in a couple hundred pages.

What’s on your nightstand/in your backpack/hidden under your pillow?

This entry was posted in books, cat vacuuming and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Emerging From Beneath This Here Rock

1. Anna says:

A Song of Ice and Fire (which, after the move, I’m having trouble getting back into)

and the Ball Big Blue Book of Preserving.

Riveting, I know…

2. Von says:

Currently: Under the Banner of Heaven (skeeving me out, big time)
    Pending: Olive Kitteridge (for book club)

3. Lori says:

Tad Williams’ Otherland series. Because teenage son has declared it his “favorite series evar,” and I want to re-read it in order to re-discover what I loved and to see it anew through his eyes.

I have the Ball Big Blue Book of Preserving on my bookshelf, too. >.> We haven’t had a garden in several years, but hey–it’s there just in case!

4. Thomas says:

Been slowly working my way back through Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn. Unfortunately I forgot to take it with me to Philly, but I picked up a copy of Ender’s Game while I was up there. Good read!

5. Jewben says:

It’s worth getting back into, Anna. FOR SRS.

I’m rereading the latest Scott Bakker, [i]The Judging Eye[/i], while I wait for a copy of Richard Morgan’s [i]The Steel Remains[/i] that I won in an online drawing to arrive.

Lauren, lemme know what you think of Rothfuss. I had, overall, very positive feelings but there were a few things I really did not like.

6. falconesse says:

Jewben, I’m really hoping this subplot with the draccus goes somewhere…

7. Torteya says:

Richard Hofstadter’s The American Political Tradition. I know, I’m a terrible fiction reader. Don’t judge!

Comments are closed.